Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Swapping and snowing and sewing

This January, I did another dishcloth swap. I haven't done one for a while, but thought I'd try it again. I knit a very loud cloth for my swappee, but didn't take a picture! Dummy. And she did not post one, either, so I have no record of my jazzy cloth. Oh well.


I got this little sweater-shaped cloth and a couple of teabags. So cute! So white. I was a bit distressed when it got coffee on it the other day, but figure it is meant to be used and will look grimy soon even if I never spill coffee on it.

It snowed all day today. Allllll dayyyyy. I shovelled twice and Stephen once. The mound of snow in the front yard is enormous.


Here you can see the snow is about 8 or 10 inches deep. Those are nice big plant pots out on the back deck. Usually we get a bit of snow and then a bit of rain or slush or melty days. Now, no thaw in sight.

In other crafty news, I am keen to sew a pair of fingerless mitts from old T-shirt fabric. Like these. Of course, I was able to dig up some old shirts, and all I needed was some good thread. I went off to Michaels, which is miles away and should be kind of special, but although I found my thread, I was disappointed with the whole store. Not the right kind of baking cups, not the right kind of beads, the stencils were expensive... And then! I got home and found that 2 of my spools of thread had leapt out of my bag at some point in the journey! I guess I took my mittens out of the bag and flung the thread away. Darn. I'll try again.

I am also gearing up for the Olympics. The goal with my knitting was to accomplish something but not wreck my arm. Now the goal is to finish a sock, a shawl and a hat. Ridiculous. I still want to not hurt my arm, though, so might have to downsize my ambitions a tad. But heck, I have 2 weeks and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.