Sunday, April 13, 2014

What to do, oh, what to do?

I wonder if I have a list somewhere of all the WIPs around the house. Surely I have had this crisis recently.

Ah, yes, from before the Olympics:

  1. second mitten (now I don't need it till October)
  2. Malabrigo scarf (makes me sneeze, but very pretty)
  3. Botticelli (sew the dang thing together!)
  4. Sunday Best (or start a whole new denim gansey)
  5. that beautiful golden shawl you might not have seen but I have knitted about an inch on it (yeah, whatever)
We can add a few more:
  1. Arthur's second green sock
  2. a baby blanket (I've knit about 8 inches on a strip)
  3. a hat
And then there are the things I see on Ravelry and want to join in on:
  1. the Rowan mystery blanket KAL, which might end up being the same thing as the baby blanket
  2. A 1940s KAL, which might result in a hat and socks for the baby, forget the blanket. This is my book, from 1941. It seems like every dang hat has ribbon rosettes to tie the hat on. If I am doing a 40s KAL, is it cheating to change the pattern and knit a little button band under the chin? 
Oh, I don't know!

2 comments:

  1. I was waiting for you to blog about Scarborough? Did you take any pictures?
    I like your baby picture. Goodness, that magazine is older than me! Happy knitting.
    Kathy liked the mitts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say even women in the '40's cheated...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.