Sunday, January 10, 2016

Another shawl?

What have I gone and done now?


Sometime last fall I bought a bag of wound-up fancy sock yarns, no labels showing. The yarn I used for the balaclava and hat were in the same bag.


There are seven balls, five with labels tucked inside the centre-pull balls. Actually, there might have been other labels, that fell out of the balls, and since I couldn't tell what was what I may have just tossed them. There's a dim and distant memory (from a month or two ago). 


I have started to make a Clapotis out of these seven balls. That should turn out to be about 700 yards, surely enough to make a gigantic scarf.


They seem to all be from the Unique Sheep yarn company. Little taster-bits of 25 grams each. The pinky-grey is also a bit green in some lights, and is called Japanese Garden. The charcoal with splashes of pink and orange and purple is called Fireworks.


Now I have started on an unmarked ball of various browns. Very silky, very brown.

I'm one ball away from half-way done, if you know what I mean. I do like the look of a Clapotis, and this is the first time I've made a full-sized one. (I did make a narrower scarf once.) It'll be done in no time, right?

I'll need to go out and get a brown coat, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.