Saturday, April 13, 2019

Muffin Monday, a year on

Well, I did not meet my goal, if goal it was, to bake all the muffins in my muffin book last year. However, we soldier on. Also, I know it is not Monday but I just couldn't wait!

I just recently made a batch of Peanut Butter Muffins, although we don't have peanut butter in the house.

I used Wow Butter, which we here have eaten for years, due to kids with allergies. It's made from soy beans and tastes pretty darn close to peanut butter.

I can't find this online, so I will give you the recipe.


1/2 cup margarine (part shortening) [I used all margarine, and it surely couldn't hurt to use butter]
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter [or Wow Butter, and it doesn't have to be crunchy]
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk
1/3 cup chopped chocolate chips

Cream the margarine, sugars, peanut butter and egg.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and add alternately to creamed mixture with milk, until blended.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Fill muffin cups and bake at 375F for 25 minutes.

I meant to make some other muffins, which asked for buttermilk, and I was going to use yogurt, but then I was missing a crucial ingredient... and when I came to make these instead, I found I didn't actually have any milk! I used about half a cup of yogurt and the rest evaporated milk! They could have been moister, as it turned out.


But flavour-wise, great! You can't beat peanut butter and chocolate. This book also has a peanut butter and banana muffin and maybe I'll try that next!

I have popped a few into the freezer because we all know that the end of April is Hot Docs festival time, and I am going to need some muffins to grab on my way out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.