Saturday, April 06, 2019

Some pretty new things

I tried so many things with this yarn. Two different shawls were started and ripped out.

Finally, this cowl seems to have given me what I wanted: lined up rainbow bits!


There was enough yarn to make some fingerless mitts as well. I'm not convinced of the usefulness of fingerless mitts, but perhaps in May, in England, when it's a bit chilly and not really very cold... perhaps then, they will be perfect!


I like the way the cowl pattern tips and turns the colours a bit. I picked this stitch pattern from my 2010 Vogue Knitting desk calendar, cast on 160 stitches and just went straight. Nice.


The great red spot, as the mitt increases.


You can wear these with the diagonal bit of ribbing on the back of the hand...


or with the straight bit on the back of the hand!


I have a tiny bit of lovely wool/cashmere rainbow yarn leftover, to be added to a hat or something one day.

1 comment:

  1. So, does this mean the shawl you were working on here got ripped out!? Gadzooks! Nice cowl and mittens, though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.