Wednesday, October 02, 2019

And now it's October

These first two pictures were taken at the end of September, but only 45 minutes apart.



It was like all the seasons in an hour. Yesterday was raining, today is meant to be sunny but chilly.

I think I did that thing... where I pack for going across the street. I have clothes that would have been fine in Toronto in September, but here I am in England in October. Ha, I just have to finish my sweater!



I do want it done by Friday, that is, two days from now. On Friday I will become engrossed in the Stephen West mystery knitalong, so my big old sweater will get tossed aside. I will endeavour to get it done, though, because I do think I will need it! Another 6 inches on the body, perhaps, and then find some buttons!

I have discovered a thing here in Cambridge: Dinky Doors. I did see one when I was here in May, but I didn't investigate at all. Now I find that the Emailerator, companion to the spiky post box, is one of several mini art pieces around town.




I've also found 10 1/4 Downing Street:


and a teleport-o-matic machine.


There are more out there, and I will find them all!

The one on Downing Street is right near the Zoology Museum, and I went there yesterday to see the critters and have lunch with a friend.

There is a whale skeleton:


It's very large and hard to photograph!


Whales have hands.



Along with the whale, we saw many other things. We'd gone to this museum with the kids a million years ago, but in the intervening years things have been renovated and updated. There are still skeletons and taxidermy and things in jars, of course.

Bees and their relatives:



A hippo's foot:


A pheasant, showing off his lovely feathers!


And some wonderful seashells:


And now, I must get back to my knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.