Friday, September 27, 2019

Back on the Cam

Hello!

I am here in Cambridge again, for a couple of months. I've just been settling in, sorting out a bike, finding some old friends. We have a nice flat with a lovely view (and a great selection of books on the shelves).

This is more or less my front yard. 

There are cows. 

Cambridge: where everyone cycles, and there is a gutter like this at the side of the road. Yikes.

Some touristy sites. Since Stephen is a member of the university, he can get me in to colleges without paying, so we have to make time to do that!



For your needlework news, I have these little needlepoint pictures on the wall. Peace, courage and harmony.


I was thinking of making a whole new post about the Fitzwilliam museum, but it is raining out so I might as well stay home and post pictures!



200-year-old teapot

800-year-old teapot!


I saw a lot of other stuff, but stopped taking pictures after a while. There was an exhibit about fans, for example. Great thing #73, admission to the museum is free, so I will for sure pop back in some day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Marse. Nice pictures. Are those lovely lions outside the museum? Did you get a good bike? We are being threatened with Winter already. And did I tell you I need a new left hip? Sigh ...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.