Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Countdown begins

We leave for Cambridge in 10 days!

This morning I went and bought chips and cheese and stuff for our farewell party this weekend, and knit on my sweater. Why oh why didn't I finish this in May?


Soon I will have a yoke and two sleeves. Getting there. But don't forget that countdown...

After lunch I headed downtown for another movie. This one was The Kingmaker, about Imelda Marcos. Oh, my. The filmmaker was there -- she started out to make a movie about Calauit Island and the zebras and giraffes Imelda brought there, but things got out of hand -- and she stressed how charming and convincing Imelda was in interviews, so there were also lots of activists and political opponents in the movie to balance her out. Haunting... alarming... scary as heck!

The sweater is too large for lineup knitting, so I started something new. I have some weird cotton, quite fine, and I am just knitting around and around, hoping to have a neck-warmer/cowl thing. Knitting standing up in a line is not optimal, and I somehow twisted the hundred or more stitches, knitting happily on for almost an inch.


Oops, so as we were sitting waiting for the movie to start, I figured it out. On row 8 or 10, I cast off a few stitches, twisted the whole thing till it was straight again, and carried on. That twist is now a decorative element and I won't hear another word about it. Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.