Monday, December 02, 2019

Reliving the past

Today we went to the Wren Library in Trinity College.


We weren't allowed to take photos inside the building at all, and in fact the guardian at the door told us to turn off our cell phones before we went in.


I remember pictures I'd taken in 2005, which of course are memorialized forever on the ancient blog!


We saw the only known example of John Milton's handwriting. Holy cow.


And letters from Arthur Stanley Eddington about seeing an eclipse which proved Einstein's theory.


And the beautiful building itself, the walls of books, the floor, the ceiling....

Luckily we can look back a bit at the pictures I took in 2005.

1 comment:

  1. I remember going for a job interview in the Seren Library years ago - it was terrifying and took place halfway round the library. I didn’t get it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.