Monday, December 23, 2019

Hard knitting

What is hard knitting? Nothing about knitting is really hard; all you do is wrap yarn around sticks and pull it through loops you made earlier.


I am knitting a shawl now (oh, really? Big surprise!) and there are different layers with different stitches. I did the seed stitch, the lace bit, the "escalator." But this star stitch is biting me in the butt, as they say.


And there is nothing hard about it, except that I have to pay a tiny bit of attention. Purl three together but leave them on the left needle, yarn over, purl the same three together again.


It's very pretty.


But every once in a while I find I have to unknit a whole section because my stars are not lining up, and that, it always turns out, is because somewhere on the last purl row I just purled the three together once and carried on.

Argh!!

I hope to show you the whole thing before too long; I am almost finished the star layer!

1 comment:

  1. I've put my wreath and little Santa on the front door. I'll probably put up my fiber optic tree for Christmas day. Some neighbours are coming - we're all cooking part of Christmas dinner, which we'll eat at 2:00.
    I think your shawl will look terrific once it's all done. Looks hard to me. : - )
    Merry Christmas to all!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.