Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Here we are in the 20s

It's 2020. That is crazy! We are apparently well into the 21st century.

I have a plan or two for this year, mainly driven by the fact that Stephen is still on sabbatical and we will be living in Vancouver, BC for the first few months of the year.

When we were in England we travelled around quite a bit. In Vancouver, we will probably go visit Stephen's mom in Victoria, and maybe go see my family later in the spring when there is less likelihood of weather-related problems at the airport. There might be a bit of travel for Stephen's work, but we're not anticipating much of that. I think I'll be happy walking down to the beach and looking at the mountains!

I am planning another walk in England this May, so I have to walk around Vancouver to practise. Maybe even in the rain!

Knitting-wise, I have started a sweater from a 1986 Vogue Knitting magazine, with some Kureyon I was lucky enough to find in a charity shop! I have thirteen balls, so I might have to buy one or two more to finish this, but since I have several colourways already it won't matter if I have to throw another in.


That should keep me busy for a month or two. I will also take with me a mitten I was working on in 2016. The yarn is similar to that I used in the Starflake this fall, so I might take the leftovers from that, too, and when I am done the mittens I can make a giant wrap!

That all seems a bit ambitious. Nah, a sweater and one and a half mittens, and a fun and colourful rectangle, how can that be too ambitious for three or four months?

I did finish my Geology shawl, with its dang counting and remembering and so on:




So, I have a sort of plan till April or May. September should bring us back to "normal," but with two kids with minds of their own, who knows what might be normal. Playing it by ear in 2020!

1 comment:

  1. I love your balls of yarn. I gather they are multicoloured? And the shawl is beautiful, especially in the close ups.
    We are getting little bits of snow. I'm grateful that on the days we need to go out, the roads have been clear. Keep your fingers crossed for Friday. We had snow yesterday, but the road looks clear today. Keep on being warm, weather! Happy new year to you all. How are those kids?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.