Thursday, January 30, 2020

Three things on Thursday

Here are three things that I can show you without too much trouble on my part, as they are all right here in my flat.

A hyacinth! I am a sucker for these bulb-in-a-pot things you can get in the grocery store. They are cheap and cheerful, and a hyacinth will also make your home smell like a spring garden!

This one drooped over and this is actually an aerial view, looking down onto the carpet.

Part of the list of instructions from the landlords included how to water the plants. This baby gets a small bit of water every other Sunday. (I felt kind of bad watering it on the Tuesday one week. Will the orchid mind?)


So excited to see that flower opening! Usually I kill an orchid pretty quickly. Lots more buds there so this is going to be long-term entertainment.

Actual knitting content: I have finished the front of my sweater! Two sleeves, with bobbles but no travelling cables, coming right up. Then I get to do a big wide ribbed turtleneck, so hold on to your hats.


In other news, I went out this morning for a swim: picked up a share bike, rode over the Burrard Street bridge (which seems flat to walk over, but indeed it is not flat), had a bit of trouble parking the share bike; went in to the Aquatic Centre, swam 400 meters which is a dawdle for an Olympian but for me it is quite enough; took the bus back home! Now I have had a bite of lunch and think I should run the dishwasher, throw a load in the washer, knit a sleeve, finish a jigsaw puzzle... Some of that will get done, I am sure.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely flowers. I hope the orchid survives. I'm not very good at looking after flowers, although I do okay with green stuff.
    I like your sweater, but I wouldn't like a turtle neck - too hot!
    I'd say you got your exercise for one day. Where is the aquatic centre? Was it scary riding the bike across the bridge? Syd and I once rode across the Lion's Gate bridge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.