Friday, August 28, 2020

Peyto Lake bag


Many years ago, I went to the Rockies and took this picture of Peyto Lake, which really is this kind of shocking colour. 

Recently I was looking at Spoonflower, a place that will print anything you like (that you own) on various kinds of fabric or on wallpaper. I think they were promoting something to do with lakes at the time. 


So I tried it! It cost about $15 for this bit of fabric, with my lake picture arranged all over it. 


You can get quilting cotton and slinky polyester and all sorts. I got Twill. You can arrange your art in stacked or offset bricks or make a giant single picture. 


It was only a small bit of fabric (a "fat quarter") and I am still best just sewing straight lines, so I made a bag. I threw more involved ideas around in my head, but kept coming back to, "just make a bag."


I lined it with this mauve fabric which I believe is linen. Who knows how these things end up in my cupboards? 


The bar code and order number are on the selvage and I could have hidden them but I like them there. 


I cut the fabric for the handles off one long edge, and so have one with clouds and one with mountains. 


A nice, unique, summery bag to throw my wallet and sunglasses in!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool project. It was all a bit psychedelic there for a bit. I figure you couldn't get a bag like that for the price, so you done good.
    Three weeks till the op!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.