Sunday, August 23, 2020

Some things I have made

Once upon a time, I found myself a necklace of these triangular stones. They are just rocks, grey triangle rocks. It made for a very heavy necklace, and it was quite short. 


Recently I found this necklace of giant diamonds! Alas, not real diamonds, but lightweight, plastic, enormous diamonds! 


I added my diamonds to my rocks and I have a longer necklace, that is still quite heavy of course, but not close around my neck. The blue gems are in my bead box, awaiting their fate. 


I also took this pearl necklace apart and put it back together again. It was originally two short strands; now one longer one. Once again, unfortunately these are not real pearls, and certainly not natural golden pearls! 

Stop taking pictures in front of the window

I am knitting, although it is really hot! This is a square for a COVID-19 charity/art/memorial thing (atop a jigsaw puzzle that was easy enough for a while).

 
And here we have a hat of some leftovers and hand-me-downs. It'll go in the charity box. Super warm, I think. 
 

I started knitting the hat because my other new project was already driving me bonkers. 


I think it took me a couple of days to get this much knit. Two and three-quarter millimetre needles, tiny, tiny woolly yarn. This will one day be a lovely cardigan for me, light and airy and warm, but right now it is a hot sticky chore. To knit a hat on 4.5s was a delight, and it went so fast! 

This is the state of the sweater at present. I suspect it will not be ready for the coming autumn, but maybe next spring! 


The green yarn of the border was bought in Vancouver as a substitute when I couldn't go to Fibres West, and the petrol-bluish mix was bought recently. I gave someone a bunch of pattern books and she sent me a gift certificate for the shop up the hill, so I was compelled. 

It's still so hot, I can't even imagine wearing a sweater, but I shall continue....

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Lots of lovely creations.
    It is still hot here, but cooler - only 28 C or so. I can understand that knitting is not the best hobby for HOT days!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.