Wednesday, March 17, 2021

A new cookbook

 I am very fond of the system of Little Free Libraries people have made. Give a book, take a book. 

The other day I went to put back into circulation something that I can't even remember now, and I picked up The James Beard Cookbook. I have been searching for years for Beard on Bread, so thought this would be a decent substitute for now. And so well-loved; someone had used this book a lot! 

The first thing I noticed upon getting it home: the entire middle was missing. I do not have pages 129 to 348. I go straight from Baked Fish to Chicken Fricassee. 

I flipped through a bit in the front half, and some days went by before I started in on the second half. 

Someone had had a bit of a misfortune. Could have set the house on fire, it seems!



Ah well. Perhaps it was not meant to be. I will find something in the first half to make, just to say I did it, but then, it's back to the street for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.