Sunday, March 14, 2021

The dress is done

The dress made with the muddy, grizzly-bear-coloured yarn is done. The dress is very cute, and I made some super-cute leg-warmers to go with it, but I still question my choice of yarn! 


The leg-warmers are just the cuffs of some 2-year-size socks. I thought I wouldn't make real socks for a kid who can barely even sit up on her own these days, let alone walk. 


Yesterday I went to Dressew, a sort of Vancouver institution on West Hastings Street. There was a line-up to get in! I found my buttons in record time and didn't stick around to get tempted by fabric. Luckily I have a cousin with a full range of tools in town so I was able to borrow a teensie crochet hook to make the button loop. 


Now I just have to figure out how to get it to the family. The kid won't fit it at all till the fall, I think, so no rush. I'll collect a few things, perhaps. She might even get a matching chapeau!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.