Thursday, February 25, 2021

Some tiles

I took a walk yesterday past a classic Vancouver building, the old BC Hydro building, now mainly condos. The outside has mosaic details at street level. 


This reminds me of Kaffe Fassett's Large Diamonds pattern, though of course diamonds are one of those eternal patterns! 


I would love to go in and see what remains of the original interior design. Although we are looking for a condo, I'm not sure this building would be high on our list, because there are no balconies. And now I look at what is available in it today, I see that they are tiny! Two bed, two bath in 815 square feet is one of the larger options! But at least these ads show that some of the common areas do maintain the blue and green tiles. 

From the REW website

This exterior wall would be exciting to come home to, though!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.