Thursday, April 01, 2021

It's April

I will not do an April Fool's post... yesterday I saw that heavy snow was forecast for Vancouver and that reminded me not to believe anything I read today. 

But I will show you some pictures and make a bit of a list for the coming month. 

I have made a sleeve. You saw the beginning of it last time. So now that is done (for the moment) and I have started on the body of the sweater. (It's dark grey ribbing, all the same, so not very interesting to look at.) I don't know if I've shown you this picture before, but I snapped it around Christmas time as I was on a walk through some swanky fashion shops in Toronto. Unfortunately I have no idea what shop or who might the designer be. 


When Kid #1 saw it, the eyes lit up, so I decided to have a crack at making something like it. 

The ribbed side is a charcoal grey, with a more useable sleeve shape, and it will be a raglan sleeve instead of a drop shoulder like that. I am using a pattern called Rugged Raglan, even though we won't end up with anything very rugged, I think! We haven't decided on the colour for the other side, or the cable pattern, but I am leaning toward some colour we can call Highlighter Marker

That will be my main knitting for the foreseeable future. We go back to Toronto on the 25th I think, so I have plenty of time to make the body rectangle, and then I have to join the sleeve in and make the top part. Perhaps there should be some trying on and consultation, but we'll see how things go. 

I don't really have any other plans, so perhaps a to-do list is not needed! Let's move on to some pretty pictures of what I have been doing!

Vancouver is full of flowering trees these days. Whole streets are lined with frothy pinkness. When the sky is blue, the combination is so beautiful!


We went to Stanley Park yesterday with a friend who was looking for a certain cultivar of cherry, but although the ornamental plums are blossoming everywhere, and we just call any pink or white flowery tree a cherry, we learned that the cherries need another week or so before they are perfect. We did a lot of walking around in the park looking at other delights. 

Of course, a favourite, Girl in a Wetsuit


Today I was walking on Kits Beach and saw a small sailboat had come ashore, perhaps last week when it was very windy. 



The tiller

The waterline

And that is how April begins. As long as that heavy snow doesn't really materialize, it all looks good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.