Wednesday, September 29, 2021

At last some blue knitting

This was Debbie's birthday present: a custom-made, asymmetric, two-colour, many-patterned pullover.  (Never mind that her birthday is in March.)


It is "inspired by" this sweater I saw in a shop window last December. I wish I knew what shop it was... 


I first made the plain charcoal side, following a pattern pretty closely. The blue side was just some of my favourite stitch patterns made to sort of reflect the original. I do love the leaves twining up the front. I thought I was going to make the sleeves a more practical length than in the original, but longer sleeves were requested. The cuffs can be folded back, of course. 


It seems it is a success, and sweater weather is certainly on its way. 


1 comment:

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.