Thursday, December 02, 2021

It's Neutrals month

Here we are in December, the month in Mary's private Project Spectrum where we look at neutral colours: the greys and browns, blacks and whites of the world around me. 

It was all totally white around here the other day, because it snowed and snowed all day long. Now it is warm and melty and most of the snow is gone. 

I have not been taking many pictures, because of technology issues. The issue is that Stephen got a new phone and I got his hand-me-down iPhone 8. A step up from the last hand-me-down, an iPhone 6! Anyways, I have to get all my pictures back out of the cloud and it is taking forever, for some reason. I just leave my phone plugged in, working away, and actually leave home without it sometimes. 

Also, nothing exciting is happening. 

I am knitting a scarf with the leftover blue from the two-tone sweater, so that is entertaining. It will be long and thin. It's called Friday Morning, by Kate Atherley, and I think I got the pattern free when she first published it. It's fun to do the brioche, and it does make a nice squishy scarf. 


Her instructions say, "Use a needle a size (or even two) larger than recommended for your yarn, to get a nice squishy, drapey fabric." So you can see in the bottom corner my fabric was super squishy and drapey, and loose and floppy; I came to my senses and found a smaller needle after a few rows, but I couldn't bear to rip out the start. 


Here's to bright blue yarn on grey days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.