Tuesday, May 04, 2010

New month, new list

I accomplished one of my goals for April, and finished the Skiers sweater. So, yay me. I wonder what to do with the almost-4 balls of black Shetland Chunky I have left! Black baby blanket seems like not a very good idea.

The other thing I was going to do was finish up the Acres of Mesh. In fact, I didn't do this by the end of April, but looky here:


Somehow it doesn't fit quite the way it looks in the magazine... but it'll be fun in the summer.

For Stephen's birthday on the weekend I made Coq au Vin, which is dead easy -- cook some chicken, pour on wine. Cook some more. Throw in mushrooms. Ta Da! Looks funny, though -- a very lovely dark pink from the wine. But it tasted great. I don't have a picture of it, but I did snap one of the birthday cake. Guess how old he is?



He got a shirt from one of his grad students.



I'm pleased to say that physicists great and small were debating what exactly that equation is all about!

So, plans for May...

  1. Sew up the Denim cardigan. This has been sitting around for a long time, but I just need to do buttonbands and other fiddly bits, I think. It's a mind-over-matter issue.
  2. Work on a pair of socks. I have 2 different partially knit socks somewhere around here, and I'd like to have at least one pair by the end of the month!
  3. Start something new -- and right now I'm not committing to anything in particular, since I change my mind every half hour.
  4. Tend my herb garden, including this lemon verbena. I wish Blogger had smell-o-vision! It smells like lemon candies!

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for mesh! That reminds me that I should look for some herbs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a brilliant cake, and a lovely t-shirt. What an awesome gift from a student!

    I love the 'acres of mesh', too. Fabulous, summery colours - I can really see it as a beach cover-up or with linen trousers and a white tank top for smarter wear! You look as if you don't entirely trust the photographer, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. acres of mesh turned out fabulous! i love the colors - perfect for summertime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The T shirt is too funny. And I LOVE lemon verbena. I dry it and mixed with peppermint tea it is a wonderful herbal tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that shirt is even better than the department shirt my husband (who teaches electrical and computer engineering) has which says "there are only 10 kinds of people in the world- those who understand binary and those who don't". Obviously the ones who don't are the ones who looks at the shirt and say in a puzzled voice "but what about the other 8?".
    Maybe the birthday boy could use a black vest from the leftover yarn? Or a hat, mitts, scarf set?

    ReplyDelete
  6. your sweater looks wonderful! perfect colors for spring! love that cake too! yum!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.