Saturday, July 12, 2008

Basalt progress and other really interesting stuff

I'm working on the central back hexagon of Basalt. It connects the whole thing around, and so I can kind of try it on.


There will be an inch or so of border and straps on the front, so it won't be quite so low in front! And I hope the side hexagons don't droop like that when the whole thing is together!

Funny. I'm still not sure about this at all!


But we do have a hot pepper growing upside down. We will have quite the harvest of these; we'll have to string them up artfully and dry them. Our other attempts at back-deck farming are even harder to photograph.

Oh, my, what's this? I went to a new-to-me thrift store the other day and got these two, plus some crap I put back in the donations box, for $1.99. I am thinking of something piratey.

I'm also thinking of knitting a chair cover. (That will take you to the Ravelry group.) Or maybe just some seat covers for 6 dining room chairs. I'll let this stew for a bit.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that the basalt tank looks a little odd. Those side hexagons hang awfully low. Could you turn them in to 1/2 hexagons so that the bottom edge is even?

    Anne in Ann Arbor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arr, I agree: piratey is the way forward with the thrift store yarns. But I rather like Basalt as is (though were I about 30 years younger I might be tempted to add stuffing to the lower hexs in a rather Vivienne Westwood-ish way!) And am most impressed by prospect of your very own chilli pepper harvest: hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder that i have about 12 balls of that in my stash in a lovely sagey green...NOT for chaircovers, though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.