Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One of those bullet-list posts


  • I got a book of Agatha Christie's Miss Marple stories out of the library, wondering if Arthur would like to read them. I have skimmed through it and am stunned by the number of "girls" who get "in trouble." This often seems to be reason for murder. I think we've got over that in our society. We also don't call women in their twenties "girls" much anymore.
  • Arthur seems more interested in Sherlock Holmes.
  • Yesterday we had all red food for dinner. Radishes and tomatoes and cherries and raspberries and strawberries, and red tortillas with red meat (ie. cooked ground beef with taco seasoning), salsa, grated cheddar. Kim chi, perhaps. Red wine, red freezies. I confess I put (white) yogurt in my tortilla as well.
  • Tonight we will have Jamie Oliver's potato salad with smoked salmon.
  • Except I bet Elaine won't want it.
  • We have sweet corn growing on our back deck, and there are even teeny cobs!
  • That picture up above was taken a while ago. Cute, innit? Robot-like.
  • Still haven't finished the Basalt, but really, any day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.