Sunday, July 27, 2008

Accomplishments and goals

I made a list at the beginning of June, but haven't checked in on that yet!

I said:


I hope to finish the brown wool wrap in June, though it won't get much use then!

Um, no. In fact, it is likely still in exactly the same spot it was. I look at it and my hands get sweaty. Let's leave that till September!

And something for my mom's birthday in July

Done; I sent her the Swallowtail.






And the jazzy socks


Progress has been made.

And the Basalt tank (oh, my gosh!)

Finito!

Here you see it needing a few ends sewn in, with my crib sheet. The pattern in the book is hard to follow, so I wrote it out line by line, marking off each row when I was done.


I saw someone had fiddled with this pattern and used a few carefully placed pentagons instead of hexagons, and made a beautiful dress. With some side shaping...

If I had been paying attention, I could have fiddled in a similar way. Now, I don't have a lot of waist shaping myself, but this top could really use some! Maybe padded hip hexagons are needed!

I will wear a tank top underneath, or maybe it will get more use in the fall over a shirt. Anyways, it is done, it was interesting to make, and I may have learned that I don't look like the tall thin model in the book!

And some lace

Begun! But I can't show you here. I hope to get something up on Ravelry, where prying eyes can't see!

And here's my plan for the future:

Make the secret lace thing.
Make some kids' socks for Afghans for Afghans.
Cross another thing off the WIP list. Maybe the rainbow socks, for the beginning of school.

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.