Friday, July 17, 2009

I made something

Firstly, I saw this. Very chic and summery and not made from something already worn to shreds. Nice, in fact.

So, then I went out today, and was a bit chilly -- in Toronto, in July! So I thought, "Huh, what if I had one of those chic, summery cover-ups?"

Off to the closet, to discover this gem.


I got this the summer I was pregnant with Arthur, which was many, many summers ago. I wore it constantly through 2 pregnancies and lots of other stuff, too. Now, it is too raggedy to wear anywhere, except I kinda love it, and what would I do with it -- too far gone for the Goodwill, too familiar to just chuck it.

So, I hacked the sleeves a bit shorter, and took the ribbing off the waistband, and sliced it up the middle, adding a soupçon of a V-neck. (Like that ç there? I'm quite proud of it! Ç!)


And I ended up with this:


It'll do for chilly evenings round the campfire, or out searching for fossils by a river, like we did today. The remaining seams are still totally frayed, and it won't last forever, but I feel kind of like the Grandpa in Something from Nothing. With a bit of Steve McQueen thrown in.

The other exciting thing I've done lately -- besides knitting, but I'm not ready to show you that yet -- is I've bought something on Ebay. I've never actually succumbed before, but now I've bought some unnecessary vintage Vogue Knitting magazine, and have a bid in on a good book! I vow, however, never to buy yarn on Ebay. I have heard enough tales about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.