Saturday, February 06, 2010

Passing it forward, and Olympian challenges

I saw this on Tempewytch's blog, and I was one of her winners! So, now I make this offer on my blog. It is a bit different from others I've seen on knitting blogs -- this just involves 5 items, and not necessarily a handmade gift.

  1. Send no less than 5 stitching/knitting/craft related items per person within the next 365 days.
  2. Items can be DMC, other threads, stitching needles, straight pins, buttons, scissors, ribbons, etc. - a combination of items such as 3 threads, 1 pack of straight pins and 1 pack of stitching needles or just 5 threads. This is obviously for stitching - for other crafts do something similar! (And we know there are lots of little knitting gadgets around!)
  3. The items must be new and not used. (Send things you'd be happy to receive.)
  4. You will post this PIF on your blog and do the same for at least 2 people.
So, leave me a comment before, hmmm, next Friday, Feb 12, the first day of the Olympics, and I will draw 2 lucky winners!

And speaking of Olympics, I have had to reorder my priorities about the Knitting Olympics. The socks I was going to knit need to be finished and in San Francisco March 1. And the Olympics end Feb. 28.

So I am doing a pre-Olympic dash on them now, while knitting a row or two on the Skiers here and there, and then I'll do Birch for the Olympics. (If I continue to knit with my kids in the pub, I will get nowhere, I'm sure.)

It's a plan, though perhaps not a very good one. And indeed Birch has been started some time ago, but there is still plenty to be challenging for 16 days.

Perhaps I am bending the rules here somewhat... Maybe I'll start a whole new thing and play by all the rules and never get around to poor Birch after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.