In preparation for the first of our little trips -- a quick sail on Georgian Bay with people who are planning on living aboard for a year while sailing in the Caribbean -- I made a sailboat dishcloth!
I knew I would be a bit short of the blue, so I made the waves foaming under the hull, and then had to put a few puffy white clouds in at the top. It hardly looks like I ran out of yarn at all... Well, yeah, a knitter might spot that trick.
Otherwise, I am almost finished the grey-footed sock. Of course, there is a bit of drama there, as I race to the toe with a very limited amount of yarn. I should have pictures for you any day now, and I hope the toes can both be grey!
August will be a month of car and plane knitting and so on. Here are my lofty goals:
1. finish the grey-footed socks (edited to add, a few hours later: I finished these! And it's still July!)
Here are the rest of the lofty goals:
- finish the Jamaica blanket
- I have a scarf I haven't shown you yet, made from M's handspun, and I will continue to work on that
- I seem to have started a cardigan from the latest VK, in my long-neglected Noro Sock. I hope to have a sleeve done by the end of the month! (Oh, heavens, I bought that yarn a year ago!)
- I said I would have a blanket done for September -- not sure if that's Sept 1 or Sept 30 -- so will have to start sewing soon on the DK strips, and filling in gaps. I know that they are not all even in length, but I have a plan. Must get the plan, the knitting and the camera all together soon to show you my progress.
Today's adventure should involve knitting, but we also are having a wee domestic crisis, because the washing machine may have packed it in. I hope to send the boys to the basement with a wrench while I sit upstairs with my knitting, but the whole family might just have to troop out to... wherever one goes to buy a washer!