Monday, January 12, 2015

A glitch overcome

I knit my two rows on my temperature scarf this morning, and thought, "Meh."

I've been worried since about Day 1 that the decrease stitch should be purled on the wrong side, so that it makes a nice sharp line up the scarf. And since I've been working on Samen and making M1R and M1L increases, I was not totally satisfied with my increases on this. I didn't necessarily want to do M1R and M1L, but I wanted to do something other than what I was doing. And, you know, I was still using a bit small needle. So, I ripped out three weeks worth of scarf, reminding myself that I have 49 more to go and I should get it sorted now instead of being dissatisfied while it just gets longer and longer.

Old garter chevrons:


New ones, all knit today! Sharp decrease line, yo increases, and I moved up to a 6mm needle.


As you can see, it has got much bluer, that is, colder! Those indigo bits near the top mean it was below -15ºC, at least overnight. Not much green these days, though yesterday's high was -0.2º, so I got to do some green today. Kind of looking forward to the yellows of +10º!

Samen is almost finished. If I hadn't spent all my knitting time today on this, it'd be done, I'm pretty sure. So, maybe tomorrow!