Monday, September 19, 2016

The last movie. Macbeth and a hat

My last movie at TIFF was Gimme Danger, a doc about Iggy and the Stooges. Iggy is now an elder statesman of crazy rock and speaks very well about his past and the wild music they made. The movie was a bit meh, like almost all my choices this year. It was definitely a movie about the Stooges and not just about Iggy, so there are decades missing, from about 1974 to some time in the early 2000s. Lots of concert footage and lots of interviews with the remaining Stooges (one of whom worked in Silicon Valley for those intervening years) which was great.


Also, lots of old footage from movies or TV, from the news of the day, from stuff I found distracting and irrelevant. So, 6 out of 10 for that, I'm sorry to say!

Sunday we got up early, went downtown and got a bus to Stratford, Ontario, home to a Shakespeare festival. In fact, Stratford seems to be totally supported by Shakespeare. We didn't have time to explore the town much, but there seemed to be antiques shops and places for theatre-goers to eat, and a nice park along the river Avon.

We saw Macbeth. The Sisters were Weird, the ghost was ghostly, the wood walked and the final swordplay was quite excellent.

Me and silver Will Shakespeare
We have lived here on and off since 1986 and this is the first time we've made the trek. They do a bus run from downtown; it takes two hours but it's better than driving and it's not expensive. Maybe next year we'll do it again!

I finished my hat in the first half hour or so of the bus ride down and then was bereft for the rest of the day.


Knitted mostly in movie lineups, two strands of sock yarn on 4.5 mm needles, k2 p1 ribbing around and around. I didn't have a darning needle with me, so I made an I-cord out the top to finish it off. It goes in the box... I have a lot of new hats this season; I'll have to see who wants what.

I think we will be back to normal around here for a bit. Until the next big thing...

1 comment:

  1. hey you survived your marathon, saw Macbeth and made a hat. woop woop. I could use that hat, it's spring, but it's COLD!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.