Thursday, September 14, 2017

Three things on Thursday

Think Write Thursday seems to have become Three Things Thursday. Good, because I have three things to tell you about today, two movies and a sweater.

I decided to branch out into actual Hollywood movies, ones with movie stars, ones that might have that "Oscar buzz." So, Wednesday I ended up lining up on Yonge Street with constant panhandlers and traffic and construction up the street. And the theatre was one of our grandes dames, ornate and gilded, with really uncomfortable old seats! Ah, well.

Darkest Hour is the story of Churchill becoming Prime Minister in 1940. The army is getting squashed into Dunkirk, Chamberlain and his pals are wanting a negotiated peace, and it all ends up with "We will fight on the beaches." Stirring, of course, and Gary Oldman was amazing.

I went out the back door of the theatre, got a sandwich and a coffee and got back in the line for Professor Marston and the Wonder Women. This is a tittilating story of a psychology prof, his wife, and their research assistant, who all three strive to live happily ever after. There are some ups and downs, there is a golden lasso, and there is some great knitwear involved. It certainly piqued my interest in early Wonder Woman comics!

Because I finished my September hat before the festival even started, I began a sweater for Elaine. It is now much bigger than this, too big to carry around and knit on standing up.


It's the Surf Hoodie from Jane Gottelier and it is just stocking stitch for ever. I'm knitting it in the round, and I put a tiny little lace edge on the bottom. I've now got to the point where I need to think about sleeves, so I am just leaving it till next week to look at the pattern and sort that out.

I started a neck warmer in cotton/angora! Not stretchy at all, so we'll see how that works out. It keeps me occupied.

Today, two more kind of oddball movies, one tomorrow and that is it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.