Monday, June 25, 2018

Muffin Monday: Yogurt Bran

It seems like it's been a while since I made muffins, and we happened to have a litre of buttermilk in the fridge, and 2 kilos of frozen berries, so I gave these a go. Sort of this recipe, sort of that.

I have made these before; the page in the book is pretty splattered! It says it makes 2 dozen muffins, and my notes say 1 dozen regular and 1 dozen small. This time it made 3 dozen small and an 8-inch round cake! Who knows how these things work!


I used buttermilk instead of yogurt; the recipe calls for vegetable oil and as it happened I only had about 1/4 of a cup, so these are made with mostly olive oil; and I had no white flour, so they are all whole wheat.

My regular muffin pan was dirty because I just made some cloverleaf buns for a potluck party. (Very good, made the dough in the breadmaker!) I didn't think the paper muffin cups were quite the right size, so I sprayed the one pan and crossed my fingers and trusted the "no-stick" coating on the other. Bad move.


Some came out easily, but some didn't. There will be a lot of half-mini-muffins around here.

But tasty! And I think if one actually follows the recipe, they would be perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Even if the muffins don't look perfect, I bet they taste okay.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.