Friday, June 08, 2018

Muffin Monday a bit early: Marilyn's Blueberry

Tomorrow I am off to a fibre festival in quaint rural Ontario. At least I think it will be quaint, we must wait and see. The person who is driving said she would stop at a Tim Horton's for breakfast sandwiches, and I immediately felt I would be letting the side down badly if I did not appear with some home-baked goodies of some sort.

So I got out my trusty Muffins book and made Marilyn's Blueberry Muffins. Totally basic blueberry muffin recipe.

I have noted on the page to add a bit of cinnamon, but I forgot. I also like a bit of grated lemon rind in a blueberry muffin, but, alas, didn't add that either.

You add some flour and sugar to the blueberries before adding them to the batter, and I had thought that was to somehow prevent the batter from turning purple, but it certainly didn't work this time.


But, purple or not, they are quite delicious and will keep us sated on our road trip!


2 comments:

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.