Saturday, June 30, 2018

Startitis and high fashion

I have a few things on the go right now. It is 32°C out, and forecast to be over 30° all week! So of course, I have to pick my knitting carefully. It's too hot for a wool scarf,  or a wool hat, so now there's this:


Yes, Kate Moss and I have much in common. This is a still from a movie about Vivienne Westwood. And I love the sweater!

I have some DK cotton yarn to use. I couldn't find anything like it on Ravelry, but I found this pattern, which has been on my shelf since the day it came out in 1987.


Big rectangles knitted on 8 mm needles. Really big rectangles. It was 1987, and a sweater 50 inches around was not out of the ordinary. Kate's isn't oversized at all.

And then there's Westknits' Loosey Goosey. Super oversized, knitted on 10 mm needles. 

I think I will more or less follow the pattern for the green sweater, so the holes are not ginormous, but I will add rows knitted with a much bigger needle, and I will add some dropped stitches here and there. And I have 4 different yarns, that oughta spice things up, too!


It won't really look like the one at the top, but I'm not Kate Moss, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.