Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Some old things

Not flowers today, but some old patterns and suchlike.

I was volunteering at the Textile Museum on Tuesday and noticed a box in a cupboard, containing donated patterns for the annual sale of ... donated textile-y stuff.

After I amused myself and took pictures, someone said it would probably not be a problem if I just took the patterns! Like I need more old paper patterns, but who knows what might happen next time.

Mother-daughter dresses. Oddly proportioned, big-hair, little-body woman. Maybe she's the big sister and it's just that way that teenagers looked so mature in the olden days?


Big bow, big ball, nice sweater.


Humpty Dumpty! I guess it gets cloudy when he's all cracked on the ground.


Two angelic children in great little jackets.


Diabolical child in snappy vest. Look, you can make it in different colours! He's so... creepy.



Now this is a treasure that I bet will get thrown away. It's a scrapbook full of patterns for doll clothes. The tape has turned brown and crackly, the paper is yellowed and old. Pages and pages of patterns cut out of some women's magazine and saved.


And now a couple of adult options.

This suit! So elegant!



And a coat with a lovely scalloped edge. I'm thinking of how to incorporate this into my sweater-in-progress. So nice. 


It's a never-ending delight, having access to that box in that cupboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.