Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A finished project and an idea

I finished a big, warm, colourful shawl.


I got this yarn at the beginning of the year from someone who was destashing. She offered it free to someone who knit for charity.


It was in bits and pieces. The previous owner had gone through the skeins and cut out the charcoal colour, and then rewound things, sometimes tying two bits together, sometimes leaving the little balls of a single colour. Log-cabin knitting seemed the best bet.


The yarn is a wool and silk blend, so really warm, and also really easy to break. And you can't throw it in the washer and dryer!

I figured that one can do a sideways edging for one log in the log cabin, then knit a wee few rows along the long side, and finish with the sideways edging on the other end.


There were a lot of ends to sew in once the knitting was done.


You may notice that today we have a ton of pictures. We did a phone switcheroo here: Stephen got a new iPhone and I got his gently used one. Stuff is flying through the cloud all over the place here. My computer has now got all my pictures off the old phone and my phone will soon have all the pictures off the computer.

Including things I downloaded in 2011 and then forgot about.


This is a graph showing something about employment and education... I am not sure and I can't find the original in a bigger size. Who cares? It is boxes in a few colours, easy to knit! One day...

I mean to finish my Black Panther sweater, but it is so hot now that the idea of sitting with a bunch of wool in my lap is not at all appealing.

Maybe tomorrow I can show you flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.