Tuesday, September 11, 2018

All sorts of travel knitting

I travelled in August and can show you this, which will one day soon be a blanket:


I made some of it in the past months, and some on this last trip. I have to finish the strip I am working on and then see how much yarn I have left. There is another ball, tiger-striped, that Elaine is making socks with! Yes, indeed, socks unto the next generation!


So, when she finishes the second sock, I will grab the leftovers back and see if I can make a bit of a border on this wee blanket. This might be the last thing for the charity bag: I am taking it all to a shelter in October.

I shall be travelling this week! I am going to Los Angeles for a few days to see Helen and a few other of my mom-pals. I met some in NYC a few (um, eleven) years ago, and another few a mere five years ago in Niagara Falls.

I have a 5-hour flight there and another one back again, and I hope a few evenings of hanging around. There will be seven or eight of us in a house in Venice, so who knows what shenanigans we will get up to. I suspect there will be wine and finger food, but otherwise have no idea what we will do.

In any case, I will need some knitting.


I got this sock yarn about a million years ago (2006, to be exact) and I will now make a hat out of it. Portable, mindless, one more for the charity bag, perhaps, or maybe a nice fall hat for one of us.

Finally, I will be travelling next May (I think) and I wanted to make a new sweater for the occasion. I have settled on a vest of DK single skeins in a sort of beige/blue/green/yellow colour scheme!


It'll look a bit wacko, perhaps, but I have high hopes for it. I will tell you about my planned trip when it becomes a bit more planned!

Places to go and people to see, and things to knit!

1 comment:

  1. : - ) I thought the first picture was a bunch of ties! Oops!
    I like the purpley sock yarn. And your new sweater should look great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.