Monday, September 03, 2018

It's September

It's so hot here! Sitting with a laptop actually on my lap is very uncomfortable because it just heats me up even more.

I did finish some knitting.


This was supposed to be a Yes, Checks hat. I'd seen something about increasing the stitch count for finer yarn, but when I actually cast on, I just thought, I will cast on 160 stitches, without consulting even the original pattern.


It is enormous for a hat but makes a fine cowl, so I just left it open. The yarn was in the latest charity-yarn-donation bag I picked up, and I think I will take a bagful of the gazillion things I knitted this year to a women's shelter pretty darn soon. Winter, believe it or not, is coming. And then I shall look at my yarn pile and give a bag of that to the next charity knitter.

I should have a few other things to show you in the coming days. Perhaps one of those oh, so helpful lists of the things I hope to accomplish in the coming month! First I just have to accomplish all the straggling things leftover from the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.