Thursday, April 23, 2020

Another Thursday, another three things

First thing: gardening, of a sort.


These are the bottoms of two leeks. They have roots, maybe they will continue to grow? It's still too cold to put them outside, but they have outgrown their little saucer, so now they are floating in shot glasses. I'll get them outside as soon as I can.

I wanted to buy a pot full of pansies from the corner store, but they were too expensive! I think the garden centre is open, and they have online ordering, but the whole shopping and payment thing is a bit funny. I'll have to go by and see what's going on. I really just need some little plants for the back deck, and they will have to be somehow raccoon-proof.

Second thing: knitting.

I have made two and a half things since the last knitting update! The one I mentioned, a lace scarf, was a tad frustrating but is kinda cool.



Rummaging around, I found a lone ball of sock yarn in not-very-exciting colours, and turned it into a quite hideous cowl. I guess this would have made a sock for someone who didn't want to make much of a splash.



The half-knit thing is another scarf. I think it needs a post of its own.

Third thing: reading


I ordered this book before we left Vancouver, I think. It just arrived on Tuesday. I have another book to finish and then I'll get right into this one! I've been waiting some time already -- I saw a copy of it, and maybe read the first chapter, when we went to Haida Gwaii in 2016! I didn't realize I could get a new copy, and couldn't find it used anywhere, and mostly I forgot about it, but was reminded of it in BC earlier this year. Love these small publishers.

1 comment:

  1. Well, the "scarf" looks a bit sparse. I guess you could wrap it tighter around your neck on cold days. : - )
    What's the book about? It looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.