Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Finished


This is Stripified by Stephen West. It has rows of garter stitch, seed stitch, a funny different sort of garter stitch he calls knit and slide, brioche and a stocking stitch with lace. 


I had some jazzy gold which livens things up a bit, but some of the other colours look sort of dull in this. 


I like the brioche/border combo, but it's not perfect. There are some increases here that didn't line up nicely. Perhaps I made a mistake, but I don't think so. 


Unlike yesterday, today was a fine day for standing outside with a light shawl on. 


In a black and white photo you can tell that most of the colours are of the same tone, and it doesn't really matter that one is pale lavender and one is green; they both have the same amount of zing, which is practically none! 


I'd have put that gold colour lower down if I knew then what I know now, but it's all good. If no one snatches this one soon, it might go in the charity box. 

In other news, I went out a few days ago wearing my fingerless mitts. I returned a book to the library, I walked down this street and that, and when I got home I had only one mitt. It wasn't at the library and I turned right around and retraced my steps but couldn't find it. Dang. So of course I found a ball of yarn to make another set, but finally remembered that I have one very fancy and warm mitten and I really need to make the second of those, so that is my present project. 


Believe me, it'll be a mitten one day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.