Friday, March 20, 2020

One down

Once upon a time, I started knitting a pair of elaborate stranded mittens, many colours, tiny needles.

Then I put one half-finished mitten away for about four years.

When I was coming away for a few months, I planned my knitting a bit carefully, bringing things I wanted to get done and vowing (falsely, as it turned out) not to buy yarn, but just knit what I had brought. Well, the sweater took longer than I had thought it would, I had to veer off and knit some baby hats (which I can show you later) and so I am only now getting to the mitten.


It is very dense and warm and soft and lovely.


I had a lot of ends to sew in.


The thumb is not perfect, but that's alright. It's a bit long and a bit thin, and I can see that it has to be like that to get all the diamonds right, but ... not perfect.


I can tell you, it might be a while before I feel like starting the second one! So fiddly, and so many colour changes and I just need some plain garter stitch right now. I should just jump right back into stranded-mitten-land, but I will at least wait until April when I am back in Toronto. We will get our second spring of the year then! So, who needs mittens.... I might just wait until September! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.