Thursday, March 05, 2020

A review of February

This is the list I made at the beginning of February, so let's see how I did.

Kids are coming to visit in the middle of the month, so I have to think about that, find bedding, think of things to do. We will make a quick trip to Victoria, somehow, to celebrate about five spring birthdays. 

We did that! We went to Victoria and sang "Happy birthday to Elaine, Gramma, Arthur, (me), John, Reed!" And got the news that there will be a new little addition to the cousinage later this year, so I shall be a great aunt.


Before that, my brother is coming later this week, so I guess I have to find him bedding! And have another friend over for dinner with him, so will have to explore the "entertaining" facilities of this kitchen.

We did that, too! We had a very nice dinner of pasta with scallops and prosciutto, as I recall, and a great night of chit-chatting. I found everyone bedding, and it seems that I have been doing laundry for ever.

I have to get to a knitting shop to get some markers so I can continue with my sweater. I got messed up twice on the first sleeve, so I'm pausing till I can get things right! Might even have to buy another needle or two for this collar. 

I bought the markers and have made pretty good progress, but still have half a sleeve to go, and the collar. I was in a shop today and looked at short circular needles, but c'mon, $14 is way too much. How many 4.5 mm needles do I have in Toronto? (About a kajillion.)


I only brought enough stuff for three knitting projects, and while the sweater is on hold I will doodle away on a garter-stitch wrap I started on the plane out here.

Doodling away! This is my ferry knitting, my "I have guests and I can't just pay attention to my knitting" knitting, and it's keeping me amused and slowly getting bigger. 


 We have tickets for a movie tonight! This is a level of planning kind of unheard of. We are going to see Knives Out, which won an award for costumes, including The Sweater. I actually know nothing else about the movie.

This was a very funny and witty and good movie. I am so used to seeing documentaries that it's quite novel to go see a fictional movie. Daniel Craig with an American accent keeps the audience on their toes. 

Today was lovely and sunny, but when I was out my phone was low on battery so I didn't take many pictures. Soon, though, I will become unbearable with all my cherry blossom and daffodil pictures!

I hope that we can say I have been successful in this. I put pictures on Instagram daily, and I try not to be monotonous with the spring flower pictures, but I do take a lot.


We are, foolishly, looking at real estate. We think that one day we would like to move here, but we are not at all prepared to sell our Toronto house at this point. So we can't really buy anything, but we want to "get a feel for things" by going to open houses for properties we can't afford right now. Today we saw five! Just overwhelming and confusing now, but we shall persevere.  

We have persevered. We saw one we wanted to buy immediately, but the bank said that would not be a good idea. I am actually sick of real estate photos, and am frustrated with the "just looking," so I don't know how long we will keep this up. Buy something now, miraculously tie up all loose ends including those of adult children, use a charm or two to clean up the house in Toronto, I'm in for all that, but apparently I am unable to do all those things.

I hope to make a March to-do list soon, before we are too far into March. Perhaps even tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.