Saturday, March 07, 2020

Plans for the last three weeks of March

March is well under way, but I think I can make a short list of what I want to do.

Let's see.
  1. It's my birthday soon! I am 35, I think. Or maybe 60. Who knows? I hope to take a bunch of people out to brunch. Not our usual house-filling party, but I've been assured that for a big birthday, one can celebrate all year, so when we get back to Toronto, look out! 
  2. We'll have another visitor to stay for a night or two, I imagine. Luckily now I know where the extra sheets and towels are kept, so that's all good. One day I will try to get a picture of where these things are kept.... Imagine Harry Potter's cupboard under the stairs, with most of it filled with a washer and dryer. I am not the hugest person in the world, but I have to squeeze in there with great care, and no way I'm going back in to put things back. Our landlords probably don't realize there are people who couldn't fit. 
  3. Oh, we're going to Whistler! I haven't skied for 30 years or so. (Hmm, maybe I am older than 35.) We have reservations for a couple of dinners already, because we stupidly booked our holiday during the schools' March break. At least I have a swimsuit for hot-tub sitting, but I think in my wise old age, I will not be skiing. 
  4. I will finish the multicoloured sweater. I am just working on the collar, and I'm hoping to have it done in a week. Surely I can do that. 
  5. When I do that, I will start work on some mittens, which were really started something like five years ago. That will be pretty exciting. 
  6. I am going to Fibres West. I have two friends here who are going. One knew my husband in elementary school, and I think her older sister and my older sister were friends in the 60s! She lives out of town and I will meet her there. The other is the cousin of my next-door neighbour in Toronto. She came to my 30th birthday party in Toronto in 1990 with a physicist... who was at grad school with Stephen at UBC... oh it's a bit complicated, but whatever, she is a spinner and weaver and she is driving me to Langley to Fibres West. 
  7. More flowers will come out, and I will take pictures of them. 
  8. I will pay for my holiday this May in Norfolk, England. I am pretty sure that the windswept beaches of Norfolk will be safe from whatever viruses are out there, and I hope the planes and trains are okay, too. I have only paid a deposit, but soon have to pay for the rest. 
  9. Before the end of the month, Hot Docs will release all the info about this year's festival. I will likely volunteer at the school program again, but now I will be 60 (could that be right?) and so get free tickets to daytime screenings. So many movies! (People come from all over the world for this festival, so let's hope things are okay. Early May, prime time for epidemics.) 
  10. I will not be panic buying; I will be going out to eat and drink and swim and see things; I will wash my hands as I sing a chorus of Jolene or maybe Love is All Around
And that, surely, is enough. 

1 comment:

  1. So, which of your older sisters had a friend in the 60's? What was your friend's older sister's name? In other words, am I the sister?'Sounds like you have lots planned for March. I know Susie is excited. Love, Me

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.