Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Updates of all sorts

This is day four of the Chia Pet project. Things are starting to sprout, for sure. It actually looks kind of icky right now, but just wait for that luxuriant green growth!


I also finished a knitting project. I think I started this Clapotis last fall for lineup knitting at TIFF before we went to Cambridge. It didn't make the trip with us, and was waiting for me when we got back from Vancouver last week.


I had a lot more yarn, but this is a fine length, and I actually want to use that yarn for something else now! My house, my rules.


The thing I have started is a fancy lace scarf. I started out by casting on, per instructions, 569 stitches. Five Hundred and Sixty Nine. That is a lot. Okay, though, I cast on the right number. I purled a row. I repeated the chart pattern 37 times. I made a mistake somewhere in there, had to unknit about 500 stitches and do it again. Made another mistake, unknit 400 stitches, did it again.

Purled one row.

I am about to do the next row of lace, which is in fact exactly the same as the first row of lace.

I will report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.