Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Finished after many years

In September of 2014, I started making these squares. Clearly I have not been regularly knitting a stitch a day, but have done a square or two, then ignored this project for month or even years on end. 

I knit the back maybe last year? And did I use up all the yarn, or am I looking for leftovers somewhere? Who can say.

I sewed up three sides of the bag carefully, then jammed the giant pillow (which I've had for years as well) into it and overcast the fourth edge. 


It was quite a struggle at first, but one very nice thing about knitted fabric is that it is stretchy. 


Not quite the same number of stitches on front and back, but see "stretchy." It all worked out.


It is very large. 


And colourful. 


 I am not sure if we will take it to Vancouver or keep it here. It's pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.