Wednesday, October 27, 2021

And weeks go by

I have no indigo for you for indigo month. Indigo is a crazy colour anyways; Isaac Newton liked it, but most people have trouble distinguishing that spot on the prism between blue and violet. Anyways, I have been looking for a deep blue that looks like it has been dyed with something like the indigo plant.

Maybe the Ritchie Ave sign up there is indigo. 

I wondered if the blue rectangle there was indigo, but I think it is old, faded blue. 

I took those pictures one day when I went to the Christopher Cutts gallery to see works by my friend Janieta Eyre. She's quite nice, really, not as crazy as you might think from her art. Or maybe she is that crazy and just hides it well... Anyways, her art is certainly arresting sometimes. 

Now I am in Vancouver, sitting in my nice apartment with a painter in the next room, turning my dining room sky blue. Pictures soon! Most of the rest is just white. The bedroom should be "lotus yellow" shortly. 

The sky here is not sky blue these days, but grey and damp. Last time I was here it was July and the sun shone constantly, so I have to remember that that was unusual, and this is what I have to get used to again! 

In a few days it will be November and I guess I will try NaBloPoMo again. Some bloggers now do something called Blogtober, which is easier to type, so maybe I'll do that next year! It's also violet month in November, which should result in more on-topic photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.