Tuesday, February 01, 2022

It's Bike Month here

According to my made-up Photo Themes plan, we start Bike Month today, leaving Arch Month behind. I was worried when I was in Toronto that there wouldn't be much in the way of bikes available in February, but now I am in presently-sunny Vancouver and think I will have no trouble finding some interesting bike stuff to show you. 

We start with the bike in my very own apartment. This is a Christmas ornament I bought last November at a craft fair. It is rusty metal. I had thought I would hang it on the wall, but it actually leaves rusty dust on my windowsill as it is, and don't think I want that on my nice new paint. 

 Here it is against my blue wall. I do like that!


And here it is behind the blinds as the sun shines blindingly in through our window. Its companion there is a horse brass in the shape of the sun, or perhaps a compass rose, though it has 12 points and not 8. Let's say it's the sun. 


This is the general view of the bike on the windowsill.  Perhaps I will bring more of my horse-brass collection to fill things out. 


I will get you some bikes in the wild soon enough. 

I did suggest I had some knitting to show you. 


That is four sections of my Mohairino Medley. I guess I need about 10 or 12 sections to make a lap blanket, a thing to throw over the back of the couch. (We have a couch now, so exciting!) This will keep me occupied for some time, I imagine. The colours all look a bit of a hodgepodge, but I think it will all work out in the end. 

Next time: a recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.