Saturday, April 01, 2006

Stash flashing and more

Today is Flash the Stash day, so we'll have a peek at the old yarn bag. It's also the first day of April, which means Project Spectrum is heading into yellows and oranges.

And, it's the day the secret is revealed! So, um, I'll get back here when it actually is up! [added later: no secrets till Monday, sorry!]

In no particular order, here's my English stash. I have more in boxes in my Toronto basement!

Here we have the tweedy stuff. Two balls are miscellaneous sale-bin finds of Rowan DK weight stuff. And the blue and green are left over from the kids' Weasleys. The heavier stuff on the left is the Magpie I made Arthur's mittens from. It was pilling quite a lot, and then he lost them! Both! And I lost my beautiful variegated red mitts, too. So there are mittens in my future, but perhaps not made of Magpie.... Maybe two strands of the DK held together for stronger and more jazzy mitts?

Ah, Felted Tweed! So soft, so tweedy, so all around nice! I have made a hat from it, and hope to make more, but for now it's yarn to admire and pet. I may need to get some of the nice greenish colour soon, too.

Sock yarn. What can I say? When I started knitting socks, Arthur's feet were small enough that I could get 2 socks from 50 grams of yarn (with maybe a toe in a different colour!) and so I bought lots of odd balls. Now even Elaine's feet are getting too big for one ball. But see, the two black balls kinda match, and the pinky balls kinda match too... and who needs properly matching socks, anyways, I say! But we shall see what happens when the time actually comes to knit this up. Cuffs of one colour, feet of another? Make little hats instead of socks??


On the left you see complete odds and sods. The leftovers of various projects, the blue wool I got for 50p and don't know what to do with...

And on your right, more odds and sods! Charity shop yarn, yarn swap yarn, 4 balls of denim which won't all get used in the bag I showed you yesterday. This is just taking up space, mostly.

And that's it! I want to knit it up, pass it around, and have very little left in July when I have to move.

I'm keen to surf around and see other people's stash. I know mine pales compared to many out there! You can go to this page to see a list of all those who will be flashing today.

And I'll leave you with more golden flowers! You might have noticed that the stash contains very little in the yellow/orange range, but I'll do my best.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the flash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed at how *little* you had to flash! Now if I had a blog to flash on, well, the page would take a looong time to load. It's quite embarassing and I have to blame my frequent Value Village trips. I've made 18 squares of a blanket made only of V.V. odds and sods - pretty good! Your English Spring is so lovely - we're seeing little peeks of Easter flowers here in Toronto - so nice! -sue

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.