Friday, March 31, 2006

Flashing and whatnot

Tomorrow is Flash the Stash day. So today had better be Show off the WIPs day, coz I'm sure that stash doesn't include yarn presently in use, right? Lessee, what do I have on the needles?

1) denim bag. This will get a bit longer, then will get handles and a bottom of some sort, and then I will try to enlist Scarlet, who can sew, to help me with some sort of lining. It'll be done in no time, maybe.

This baby denim jean jacket is also, I suppose, a work in progress, because it's not sewn up or anything. (I neglected to wash/shrink a bit of the yarn for sewing, and now must wait till I'm going to wash the bag. I hate my washing machine.) This is a picture of it pre-London, and I had to rip out the leafy square to get the yarn to finish the button bands! The leftovers from that got used in the bag, and the intact lace and cable square has gone to a good home.

2) sock. We're getting there, and good thing, because I want to start some others with this not-very-garish cotton blend yarn. Arthur did try on Sock #1 and it was snug on his leg, but I'm hoping it'll loosen up with wear, won't it??

3) tea cosy.
Hmm, not a priority really, but it'd be nice to get it out of the way. I thought of it in pink and red month, and now we're almost into orange and yellow month... Bedtime knitting. It does seem a shame to cover up the lovely pot, but sometimes one does need a tea cosy. I'm making it as hexagonal as I can, and it will have a sufficiently ornate top!

4) the blanket. Coasting along, with something like 30 squares. I want 49 or 56 or 63, since I've already sewn a 7-square strip!

5) Darn this thing. Nice, eh? I am not taking it back to Toronto unfinished! Must take it outside in the breezes away from sensitive noses and work away. I'm starting a sleeve. Now I'm a tad worried -- although I have enough yarn, I'm not sure I have the right colour mix left. Too light and skylike, not enough woods and water. And some of the yarns in this pile are not going to end up in the sweater, like the gold and the blue silk.

6) summer tweed sweater. The other day I was told, don't knit a whole big garment out of summer tweed because it stretches and sags out of shape. So what shall I do? Carry on, I think, though this has not seen any action in some months. I have half a sleeve, which I've had since November.

This certainly is on the border between WIP and stash!

That might just be all for today. Tune in tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Tomorrow is a big day with the stash flashing and the Secret Knitting Project is published tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *adore* the Sneezy Sweater; absolutely beautiful colours! You'll have to bring it along to the SnB on a Wednesday, just as soon as it gets warm enough to sit outside! Or just bring it along anyway; you'll leave most of the fibres behind, and you'll only be working with it for an hour or two, anyway... ;) I didn't get around to flashing my stash this weekend, but I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.