Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Don't believe a word I say

Last night, I said to myself, and out loud, though I bet none of my family paid any attention, that in the morning, after I finished my red afghan square, I would cast on the 4-ply pink to make my gloves. Well, I have not finished my square, and am winding my red tweed charity shop Rowan into a ball to make a cosy for my teapot. So there.

We've been wondering what to do on the upcoming enormous school holiday. Sunny climes were thought of, until we began to hear reports of beaches in Portugal filled with English holidayers, chip shops and "Irish" pubs. (Nothing against either the Portuguese or the Irish, but one wonders what a Portuguese Irish pub could possibly be like!) So last night I also said maybe we should just go to Fair Isle. Hub said, yes, I was thinking the same thing. Which I think means he was thinking of not going to Portugal, not that he was thinking of taking the kids to a remote island full of sheep and knitting in the North Sea at the beginning of April. (I'll settle for Wales, where another Mary went and where there's the Colinette shop and hills like these.)

And, did you see this about the Loch Ness Monster? Maybe we should go to Loch Ness in April?

1 comment:

  1. Not only is it full of sheep but also birds...http://www.fairislebirdobs.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.