Tuesday, March 21, 2006

As promised...

Let me show you my pink and red things for Project Spectrum -- several squares for the blanket. I'm not following any pattern or picture, just making whatever squares take my fancy from this book (the cover I have is different, but it must be the same book). I tend to the Molly Weasley school of knitting, rather than the 24 squares of this pattern alternating with 24 squares of that. Now, I was going to link you to a picture from Goblet of Fire, with Ron under a lovely knitted blanket, but I can't find it on Mugglenet, where I know I found it before. Trust me, though, it'll be a higgledy-piggledy blanket of squares. This is obviously very pink, but the whole thing will be various blues, purples, a bit of the green you see here, that dash of turquoise, and some orange.

And then there's the baby bonnet! It still needs some sort of button band under the chin, but it is cute as anything. (Imagine a cute baby nose instead of my thumb!) The original has ribbons threaded through the eyelets and a ribbon to tie it on, but I think that's too fussy, and ribbon tends to slip untied, in my experience! This will be the start of my charity knitting pile.

And my last knitting news for now: I'm doing something with the denim yarn I bought ages ago. I tried a bazillion things with this, mainly in the baby blanket line, but I finally settled on this jean jacket pattern. Now, I don't have a toddler anymore, but I am sure I will find someone to make use of it! I have enough yarn to make two of these (dark and light denim) but I think the second lot will get made into something useful for me. I decided to look at this yarn again recently because the queen of denim, Kay herself, is coming to England and I am making the trek to London to see her at Loop! Since they're promising cupcakes at this event, I couldn't pass it up!

And that's all the news for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.